Nature's Sunshine to Celebrate 45th Anniversary
Nature’s Sunshine to Celebrate 45th Anniversary
An exciting milestone is approaching! Nature’s Sunshine Products, the parent company of Synergy WorldWide, will celebrate 45 years of business excellence this coming Tuesday, April 11, 2017.
In 1972, the Hughes family started a small business, encapsulating herbs to help people feel better. Now, 45 years later, that family business has turned into a global enterprise, a leader in the wellness industry, with operations in more than 40 countries.
As a proud part of the Nature’s Sunshine family, Synergy WorldWide is able to provide dependable products to thousands around the world. Next Tuesday’s event will be a chance for all of us to celebrate the accomplishments and values of Nature’s Sunshine Products.
45TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION DETAILS
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Starting at 9:00 AM Mountain Time
Tune in to Synergy’s Facebook page for a live stream of the event!
Greg Probert, Chairman and CEO of Nature’s Sunshine, will kick off the celebration, followed by a lineup of distinguished guest speakers including:
- Gary R. Herbert, Governor of Utah
- Orrin Hatch, United States Senator
- Sean D. Reyes, Attorney General of Utah
- Loren Israelsen, Founder and President of the United Natural Products Alliance
“Relatively few companies in our industry have reached such a significant milestone,” says Mr. Probert. “We are immensely proud of the tremendous efforts of our employees and distributors over the past 45 years, and we are excited to celebrate our anniversary with such distinguished guests.”
NATURE’S SUNSHINE PRODUCTS: FACTS & HISTORY
In 1972, Gene Hughes began taking cayenne pepper by the spoonful at the suggestion of a friend to help with a nagging stomach issue. He felt better and encouraged his wife, Kristine, to begin taking it as well, but the spicy herb was too hot for her. When she asked to take it in a capsule, they quickly discovered that no one offered encapsulated herbs. With this simple but innovative idea, Nature’s Sunshine was born.
- Nature’s Sunshine is the first company in the US to encapsulate herbal supplements.
- Nature’s Sunshine is Utah’s first direct selling company.
- Nature’s Sunshine stands the test of time: 88% of Fortune 500 companies from 1972 are now out of business, or were bought out by competitors.
- According to the Direct Selling Association, Nature’s Sunshine is one of only 5 members selling nutritional supplements that have eclipsed 45 years.
- In 1978, Nature’s Sunshine became a public company and continues to be traded today on the NASDAQ stock exchange (NATR).
- Nature’s Sunshine acquired Synergy Worldwide in October 2000.
- Quality has always been a focus of Nature’s Sunshine. Self-manufacturing enables the company to maintain the highest standards in the industry. As a manufacturer, we do not guess at the quality of our products— we prove it through rigorous testing to ensure purity and potency.
For more information about the 45th Anniversary Guest Speaker lineup, click here.
Note: Invited guests will attend the anniversary event in person, but all are invited to join in via the Facebook livestream. You can access the Nature’s Sunshine facebook page here or tune it to facebook.com/synergyworldwide at 9 a.m. MST next Tuesday!
Nature's Sunshine to Celebrate 45th Anniversary — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>